“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch
My therapy is individually tailored. I understand that your life experience is unique, with your own very personal history and concerns.
I primarily use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Interpersonal Therapy, two well-researched and highly effective therapeutic modalities, to help understand one’s barriers and achieve their specific goals in mental/behavioral health. These methods attend to both conscious and unconscious experiences and recognize that childhood events have a powerful influence throughout life.
In sex therapy specifically, you receive help in gaining a better understanding of:
- Sexual barriers and disfunctions
- Decreasing pain and discomfort/Increasing pleasure and satisfaction
- Lasting longer during sex
- Decreasing guilt/shame associated with Kink/BDSM/Paraphilias
- Education and affirmations
- And more
In general therapy, you receive help in gaining a better understanding of:
- How to change patterns of behavior that cause problems in work and personal relationships
- Better ways to recognize and express feelings
- Choices made, or resolving the indecision on choices yet to be made
- Dealing with transitions, changes, relationship difficulties and feeling stuck
- Sources of irrational fears and anxiety and how to resolve them
- And more.
My goal is to assist you in achieving and maintaining the pathway to your desired authentic self and present behavior patterns so that you can make needed behavioral changes that will improve your quality of life.
I am a licensed clinical social worker in Maryland (23565) and Florida (SW16753), certified in various therapy modalities including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT).
As a clinical social worker, I have been treating individuals since 2015. Prior to that, I had been providing sexual health education and counseling in Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Philadelphia since 2007. Throughout the year I have specialized in working with Non-Gay Identified Men who have Sex with Men (NGI-MSM) and presented various research on this population in 2016 at the International Conference of Sexuality and Social Work in Olten, Switzerland.
Working with NGI-MSM gave me a deeper understanding of how to address the various layers of one’s identity. How do race, trauma, orientation, identity, culture, gender, community, society, religion, and ego intersect and influence our fears, likes, dislikes, behaviors and aspirations? This can get confusing and difficult to navigate.
With my array of experience, I’m confident I can help you achieve your goals for therapy and create a better life.